---

The Midway opened in 1932, designed by the firm of Magaziner, Eberhard, and Harris for Samuel Shapiro. Besides a 2700-seat movie theater, the building housed offices, stores, and a restaurant. It stood on Allegheny Avenue near Kensington Avenue. The Art Deco-style theater featured a large vertical sign rising over a gear-like semi-circular marquee (later replaced by a simple triangular-shaped marquee). The Midway lasted into the 70s, and was torn down in 1979

---

Left view from the stage..........Right view looking at the stage from the last row

---

Left view looking from the ladies mezzanine. Right view is a ceiling shot looking to the Right side stage